Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Single Parenting, Even Though Temporary, Sucks.

There has been so much happening lately! I am sorry I have gotten behind, but I am giving myself a pass. Let me get you all caught up.

Two weeks ago, Brian and I took James to see The Peanuts Movie! So cute! He knows all their names and everything. He was so excited. I have to say, I was not expecting to like it as much as I did. I really didn't think it would turn out well, but I was pleasantly surprised. I do think this one might end up in our Easter Baskets this year.

Speaking of Easter, I have already been planning what to put in the kids baskets. I generally like to put a movie in everyone's basket. But, I also want to put other things. I used to just get candy. While candy is nice, I don't really want my kids to eat much of it. And, Brian and I don't really eat much candy anyway. We still have a lot of our Halloween and Christmas candy left, if that gives you any ideas. I don't want to go overboard, but I was thinking a toy for each kid too. Although, instead of a toy for Aria I am considering putting in an Andrea Bocelli CD as his voice really seems to calm her when she is distressed. (My babies are musical snobs, and I love it! Haha!) Brian and I have talked about getting one of those Ikea train sets for James's Easter basket. What did you used to get in your Easter baskets? What do you give your kids now?

The next day, Thursday, Brian left for a work trip for one of his side projects. He got home Sunday morning, then left Sunday night for a work trip for his day job. The first trip took him to Chicago and then Florida. The second trip took him to Jamaica. While in Jamaica I couldn't call him, so we had to just Facebook Messenger whenever he had a chance to sit down to a computer. We did get a few video calls too, but it was hard to schedule with the kids bed time and his 2 hour time difference. I think I will have Brian write a post about his trip and link it here. He took some amazing pictures!

The day after he left for the first trip the kids got sick. Half way through his second trip, I joined in the fun. I finally took Aria and I to the doctor on Monday this week because my sore throat was so bad the left side of neck had swelled up and was rock hard. I had a migraine for days. It constantly felt like someone was trying to pull my head off of my neck, half a dozen of my teeth felt like they would just leap right out of my gums, I couldn't open my eyes all the way, and my ears felt like someone had put ice picks in them. Imagine my surprise when the doctor told me I didn't have a sore throat. He said from the inside, my throat looked fine. He put me on some antibiotics and steroids. He said if that didn't help, they would have to do a CT scan. Horrified, I went home and started the meds right away. I waited on the steroids, because the pharmacist said they were harsh on your stomach, and my stomach has enough problems, and I am really glad I did. The antibiotics turned out to be enough, and two days later, I am doing much better.

Having Brian back has been super helpful! Between the kids being sick, not sleeping, crying and screaming a lot, and having no other parent to turn to, then myself getting sick, I was just done. This week has been busy-busy too. No down time. I shot photos for Emily's play, Arsenic and Old Lace at Alta High School, last night and last Friday night. Tonight we are shooting for the South Jordan Chamber of Commerce's annual Vision Dinner. Tomorrow, Brian is setting up a video shoot for a video that we are hoping will help our son potty train. Friday we are going to see Arsenic and Old Lace and film it. Maybe Saturday I can take a breather finally, haha!

I am toying with the idea of doing the Museum of Natural Curiosity for our adventure this month. Who has been? Who has passes? Are passes worth it? Should we do something else this month and save that for another time? Leave comments, guys. I like to know someone is listening.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry I couldn't help and that it was so hard :- /
    The peanuts movie was so cute! Sage and I liked it a lot.
    For her easter basket I'll put one of those malissa and doug water toys and a princess barbie. I'm not sure what else yet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go easy on Easter if you set the standard too high how can you keep up. And I know it's a pagan holiday but Christians celebrate it as sonething else. How about a swimsuit.

    ReplyDelete