Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

3 Years and 5 Months

Last week, on January 8th, Aria turned 5 months old.


 On Sunday, January 10th, James turned 3 years old. And, I didn't take any pictures because I am the worst.

My babies are getting so big! And, in some ways they are so much alike! Others, they are so, so different. It's fun seeing them learn to play together. Aria has just started laughing. She laughs most when James shows off for her. He will throw things in the air, or push the rocking chair real hard, or run around crazy and she just laughs and laughs. It's amazing. I love baby laughs!

On Sunday, we had some cake and gave James a present from us. He loves them!


We forgot to get candles for his cake, but Brian said he wouldn't notice. After we finished singing Happy Birthday, James said, "Dadda, Where's the fire?" I guess he noticed. His real party won't happen for a while. We have been so busy preparing for Brian's shoot that he is on all this week. Phoenix, inc. He has been planning this thing for years with Jimmy Hepworth, and I think it is really going to be amazing! He has brought on some incredible talent, both on the screen and behind the scenes. It is supposed to kick off a web series that will, hopefully, film this spring.

Last night the kids and I were being too loud for the filming, which was all at our house, so we got kicked out. We had an impromptu visit to Mimi and Papa's house, where James got his first viewing of The Land Before Time. He really loved all the parts with the scary T-Rex. Other than that, he was a little bored with it. But, he generally is the first time he watches movies. There have been a few exceptions, but mostly, the first time is hard for him to get through. I bet he will love it with more viewings, since he loves dinosaurs so much!

The kids have been sort of sick. I say sort of because it's unpredictable what will set it off or when. They will throw up once, and then not again for days. It's weird. I don't totally understand. But, James was super polite about it. He knocked on the door and when I came in and saw the mess he said, "Oops. I got strawberry milk on my blankie." We could tell he had tried to clean it up with a clean diaper. How sad! What a cute kid, though. And, despite their illnesses they have still been really happy. For that, I am truly grateful! These kids. I mean, really, how many toddlers clean up their own puke?


One of these days I should probably update our banner picture.... That's almost 3 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment